The Ten Commandments
When applying for a Real Estate Loan
- Thou shalt not change jobs, lessen hours, become self-employed or quit your job.
- Thou shalt not buy a car, truck, van or boat (or you may have to live in it)!
- Thou shalt not use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your application. For example; alimony, child support, IRS liens, judgments or open lawsuits.
- Thou shalt not buy appliances for new home until you actually own it.
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
- Thou shalt not lie about residency or marriage status.
- Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
- Thou shalt not make large deposits or any cash deposits without first checking with loan officer.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns regarding any of these items.
I’m looking forward to closing this transaction smoothly for you!
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Lara A Locke